Effective: January 1, 2012.
Resolution 2011-4 is a new policy with regard to records retention. A few highlights:
- Governing and organizational documents, including bylaws, amendments, minutes, etc. shall be retained permanently, at the Managing Agent, the Site Office, and Legal Council.
- Most financial records shall be maintained for 7 years; audit reports shall be maintained permanently.
- Contractual records shall be retained for 7 years past the expiration of the contract.
- Unit files superseded by a change in ownership shall be retained for 3 years, except records associated with a waiver of rules for modifications shall be retained as long as the modification exists.
- Etc., etc. There are many types of records and this document contains a detailed document retention schedule.
- Unit Owners may make written requests for information and may make copies, in accordance with rules described in the policy.
- Read the resolution for complete information.
These rules will allow Talltree South to judiciously destroy ancient documents and free up space. We don't need 1982 pool passes any more!
Open or Download Resolution 2011-4, Records Retention. [.pdf, 667.1K]